Vedis Licensing Information.
Vedis is an open-source product. That is, the complete source code of the engine, its official documentation and related utilities are available to download from the Vedis download page.
Vedis is released under the Sleepycat License (http://opensource.org/licenses/Sleepycat) which is an OSI approved license and GPL compatible. The text of the Vedis license is as follows:
* Copyright (C) 2013 Symisc Systems, S.U.A.R.L [M.I.A.G Mrad Chems Eddine <firstname.lastname@example.org>].
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. Redistributions in any form must be accompanied by information on
* how to obtain complete source code for the Vedis engine and any
* accompanying software that uses the Vedis engine software.
* The source code must either be included in the distribution
* or be available for no more than the cost of distribution plus
* a nominal fee, and must be freely redistributable under reasonable
* conditions. For an executable file, complete source code means
* the source code for all modules it contains.It does not include
* source code for modules or files that typically accompany the major
* components of the operating system on which the executable file runs.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY SYMISC SYSTEMS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS
* OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR
* NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL SYMISC SYSTEMS
* BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
* SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
* BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
* WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
* OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
* IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Commercial Vedis Licenses
The Sleepycat license permits use of Vedis in open source projects or in applications that are not distributed
to third parties. The commercial license permits closed-source
distribution of an application to third parties. If you do not want to release the source code for your application, you
may purchase a license from Symisc Systems.
If you want to acquire a license and/or for pricing information, please send an email to:
Professional support and custom modification performed by the principal architect and original author of Vedis are paid services available at request. For additional information, contact:
Chems Eddine Mrad
Master of Applied Computing (I.A.G)
Tunis – Tunisia
Phone: [+216]55634257 (GMT Business hours, French or English only).
Proprietary, licensed Vedis extensions are available for a fixed one time fee, the available extensions are:
Compressed Datastore: Write and Read from a compressed Vedis database using the LZ family of algorithms.
Encrypted Datastore: Write and Read from an 128-bit or 256-bit AES encrypted database.
Commercial Vedis licenses.
Contact email@example.com for pricing information.
Companies and/or invdividuals desiring to sponsor the ongoing development of Vedis with all its benefits including full access to the Vedis source tree, professional support, etc. can request the sponsorship program. contact firstname.lastname@example.org page for additional information.